28 Jun 2022
9 startup marketing tips to grow your strategy
A startup marketing strategy is an essential tool for the success of a startup business. A startup marketing strategy typically includes social media, digital, email, and content marketing.
These marketing campaigns are essential for locating prospective customers and effectively communicating with your target audience. This startup marketing strategy is a comprehensive marketing plan with specifics and stages for launching a holistic marketing campaign.
As a startup, you must create your startup marketing strategy after conducting a comprehensive market analysis.
9 valuable and effective startup marketing tips to improve and launch your marketing campaigns and strategies:
1) Direct Messages
The users require instant messaging due to the massive increase in content in recent years, primarily due to social media. In addition, due to the rapid pace of modern life, fewer and fewer people have the time to explore complex and lengthy meanings; most ignore them. To avoid overwhelming the audience with your messages, strive to be straightforward, direct, and swift.
This does not imply that the public is not interested in intelligent statements. Therefore, your startup has to prefer regular and straightforward messages, such as clever puns, which will be remembered because they are innovative and will be read by the users due to their size. Your messages must be straightforward, informative, and persuasive. This will help convert website traffic into leads.
2) Distribute the created content to make it more interactive
Without clear and accurate content marketing, many marketing campaigns fail. Conversely, a successful content marketing strategy includes high-quality content that provides answers, informs, and entertains the public, thereby promoting and enhancing your company's reputation.
The most efficient way to increase a website's organic traffic is through blogs, which must be based on specific keywords to reach larger audiences. (What would be of interest to the general public? Or what is my audience searching for on the Internet are two essential questions that will ensure the use of the proper keywords).
Your startup can promote case studies, ebooks, and ongoing website research and revision, apart from blogs. While downloading your ebooks indicates that your customers are interested in hearing from you, your website and case studies refresh your image and brand. Finally, do not forget to use search engine optimization (SEO) to find the appropriate keywords and to rank highly in search engines.
In addition to the importance of blogs, ebooks, case studies, and the website, you should pay special attention to interactive content. This content facilitates interaction with your business and makes its use more enjoyable. Moreover, it is more effective because users are more likely to interact with this type of content, especially when they know that these experiences are generally advantageous. There are numerous types of interactive content, with some of the most famous:
- Gamification: Using game elements in non-game contexts to increase and multiply user engagement. Individuals are more likely to engage with more engaging and enjoyable content. Gaming elements may include levels, points, prizes, leaderboards, etc. Remember what your favorite game consists of and attempt to adapt it to your needs.
- Queries: Asking users about their potential issues or your services and products. Display the correct answers following their responses. This way, both you and they will better understand their opinions and concerns regarding you.
- Live chat: Live chats are essential in marketing automation today and valuable for any startup marketing strategy. Live chats solve direct questions and queries of users who leave the conversation with the bot or even with you (if the conversation with the bot is insufficient) with a very positive impression of the company. Not only do session durations and conversion rates increase when live chat capabilities actively work to close the gap between conversion funnel stages, but so do both.
There are no disadvantages to incorporating interactive content, as it increases site engagement and provides additional insight into customer behavior and values.
3) Run advertisements with a focus on quick results, utilizing multiple Advertising Channels
Ads have a significant advantage over organic content, as they will be displayed to users shortly after your company activates the campaign. Your strategy will determine the type of advertising you begin with. However, there is a fundamental rule that you must observe:
1) Google Search Ads: This is the best solution when people are already aware of the product/service and search Google for the best provider/vendor.
2) Social Ads - People do not go on social media specifically to shop. These work best when people are unfamiliar with the product or service. You can grab their attention in fun or visually appealing way.
3) Display ads: These are ideal for brand awareness and retargeting. You must also adhere to another rule. The rule of diversifying advertising channels is also known as the "marketing mix." With increasingly difficult-to-close attribution data gaps and consumer privacy concerns taking center stage, marketers cannot risk performance by relying on a single channel or tactic. Diversification is essential, especially for a startup seeking to carve out a niche in the market, despite the allure of marketing trends.
To enhance your startup marketing strategy, learn more about SEO and PPC.
4) Develop and preserve your reputation.
According to Bright Local research, more consumers are reading online reviews than ever before. In 2021, 77% read them 'always' or 'regurarly' when searching for local businesses (up from 60% in 2020). Internet access enables current and prospective customers to be more informed than ever before during the purchasing process. Therefore, negative feedback can hinder your startup marketing and sales efforts, whereas positive feedback can aid in closing the deal.
Keeping this in mind, you should make every effort to make a good impression:
- Request customer feedback and act on it.
- When you have exceeded customers' expectations, you should request their feedback.
- Develop additional forms of social proof, such as case studies or blog posts about growth hacking, such as how-to guides, for your marketing channels, such as your blog.
- Respond to online reviews with professionalism.
5) Construct a referral engine.
The majority of referrals occur organically; however, there are ways to increase referrals even more quickly than waiting for organic growth, which is typically slow. But how can a rapid referral strategy be implemented?
- Use a referral program to encourage customers to refer their friends to your company.
- Utilize consumer-generated content.
- Create mutually beneficial campaigns or champion a cause that your clients support.
6) Audio and Podcast Promotion
According to Nielsen, we receive enormous proportions of podcasts and the significance of their demand and advertising success; 78% of consumers surveyed do not mind hearing podcast advertisements. On the other hand, 62% would consider purchasing a product after hearing a podcast ad. Given the public's aversion to advertising, these percentages are exceptionally high and significant.
Additionally, there are more podcast listeners than ever before, approximately 116 million monthly listeners. This year, global spending on podcast advertising is expected to reach $1.6 billion due to the increasing number of podcast users. Given that listeners are highly engaged with their podcasts and hosts, they are more likely to trust a product advertised on a podcast.
7) Producing Customized Content Using AI Tools
Startup marketers who wish to create a personalized user experience should give significant thought to artificial intelligence. Numerous marketers have already employed AI to ensure that this content is as consistent as possible. Personalization of content is the process of providing site visitors with content that is tailored to their preferences. However, as content is not a one-size-fits-all strategy, marketers cannot create a single piece of content for all of their customers.
8) Marketing Based on Client Value
Consider developing and implementing a strategy that is entirely based on the user values of your customers. Customers who seek out meaningful brand relationships are more likely to purchase a product that makes them feel good. Thus, value-based marketing is essential for your startup marketing, as it shifts marketing away from the typical product-centric approach. Now, the customer is the primary focus.
How can you develop and implement a customer-centric strategy?
By responding to the following questions:
- What makes your brand unique?
- What is your brand's significance?
- Who communicates with your brand?
- What problem does your brand solve?
- Is your company charitable? How is it returned?
Consider revisiting your target audience and redefining your competitors once you have answered the aforementioned questions and begun to define your customer-centric approach. Furthermore, it is essential to determine how competitors communicate with their customers because it allows for carving out additional market space.
A community-led growth strategy appears to conquer and far exceed expectations. Notably, the emphasis is no longer on the product or the service but on the community formed by them, thereby creating communities and trusting relationships between the public and the company. People in the community discuss the product and the company, receive educational content, have brand interactions facilitated by Q&A through real-time support and feedback, and foster brand loyalty, trust, and advocacy. Based on its conversation, startups seek to advance their product and have an incredible opportunity with community-led growth strategies, creating their Fanocracy.
Indicatively, the first step is to determine what motivates your audience and what values they share. Moreover, do not forget to find out where your audience is (e.g., which social media platforms) and their profile in terms of gender, age, nationality, etc. Last but not least, check out if they frequently utilize and are members of groups (Facebook groups, Discord, etc.).
Once you've identified the community platform, you can begin connecting with and cultivating a community of brand-aligned users. Encourage these community members to also subscribe to your brand's channels outside of social media, such as newsletters.
Once you have established a robust and active community, do not overlook the significance of live events, face-to-face seminars, and gifts such as coupons and discount codes.
These recommendations indicate that you and your organization have grasped your value proposition, and based on this, you develop a strategy for your marketing channels. In addition, do not forget to calculate the lifetime value of your customers to adjust your startup marketing strategies and budget accordingly.
Direct messages, engaging content, and advertisements focusing on quick results are the main ways to achieve in launching your marketing campaigns and strategies. Moreover, developing a reputation, constructing a referral program, using audio and podcast promotion, producing customized content, and using marketing based on client value and community-led growth are all the tips you have to follow.
We can grow your strategy in Viable Growth Marketing Agency by following all the marketing tips.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you want to boost your business performance and learn all the secrets of the marketing world. Our approved team is here to assist you with anything you require! Let's create your startup marketing strategy together!